Thursday, March 26, 2009

Boom in the Box: Mythbusters!


Mythbusters explosion breaks windows in Esparto, CA.

I love mythbusters. They actually answer a lot of questions i've been pondering about throughout my life, like while escaping from prison you can climb down a wall using a rope made of toilet paper, getting slapped in the face will help a drunk person sober up, the toilet seat is the cleanest place in your house -- which ALL were tested to be TRUE btw..

So, the most current myth they were trying to bust was that an explosion can be strong enough to knock off your socks... Mythbusters detonated 500 pounds of ammonium nitrate a mile outside of Esparto, California. Perhaps they should have moved out to two miles. I dunno what happened to the socks, but the explosion managed to break windows through Esparto and also tossed a woman off the couch. Afterwards, she claimed that the experience was "fun, really fun." What a trooper..

for more info and MY FAVORITE CLIP from Mythbusters...



Well the awesome Mythbusters crew replaced all the windows the same day and the general sentiment around town was generally positive (even though no one in the town was informed of the taping beforehand)... I wish I could be randomly tossed off my couch for kicks, but nothing fun like that ever happens to me.. =(... the only time i was ever 'tossed' was when i was tossed out of my library when I was 12 for being too loud...

at any rate, enjoy one of my favorite video clips from Mythbusters!


No comments:

Post a Comment